In April 2013, and again in 2014, we will endeavour to complete a through-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail, a distance of 4265 km from Campo, California to Manning Park, British Columbia. Designated a National Scenic Trail, it passes through the Mojave Desert, the Sierra Nevada, Yosemite National Park, and the Cascades of Oregon and Washington. Elevation ranges from 51 m on the Columbia River to 4000 m at Forrester Pass in the Sierra Nevada.
For further information visit www.pcta.org.
2014 Stats (as of last check-in with internet)
- 1860 km hiked.
- 64 days spent on the trail.
- Average of 29.1 km hiked per day.
- Pati & Neil completed 43.6% of the trail in 2014.
- 4060 km hiked.
- 134 days spent on the trail.
- Average of 30.3 km hiked per day.
- Pati & Neil completed 95.2% of the trail in 2013.
See their 2013 PCT Trail Journal for details.